Re: Re[4]: Does GTK leak memory

--- On Sat, 6/5/10, Lothar Scholz <llothar web de> wrote:

> From: Lothar Scholz <llothar web de>
> Subject: Re[4]: Does GTK leak memory
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh yahoo com>
> Cc: "Michael Torrie" <torriem gmail com>, gtk-list gnome org
> Date: Saturday, June 5, 2010, 2:40 PM
> Hello Sergei,
>

> SS> You have at least two more choices:
>
> Well i have evaluated all toolkits and decided to go with
> the 3 native
> ones, MFC 9.0, GTK and Cocoa and write my own small
> application wrapper
> around this.
>
> SS> 1) wxWidgets (native look and feel under Windows);
>
> This is using GTK so it wouldn't change anything.
> The WxUniversal and WxQT is still very alpha.
>
> SS> 2) Qt.
>
> Decided against it because it's C++ and to heavyweight if
> you have to
> write a wrapper around the GUI parts for another language
> anyway.
>
> Also i found that GTK apps look better on KDE then QT apps
> look on
> GNOME. So GTK is in my opinion the "native" platform
> toolkit for Linux.
> Especially after the KDE 4 epic fall.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Lothar
>               mailto:llothar web de

Well, then "Be Careful the Fights You Pick". I am using gtk+ through its
Perl bindings only because there were no good Qt ones at the moment. And
probably there are still no good ones.

To me it appears that Qt is slowly becoming dominant, and it's good there
is a big commercial entity behind it.

KDE4 seems to improve, doesn't it ? I am not yet using it, so have no
personal experience/opinion - still on KDE3.

Regards,
  Sergei.