Re: using personal icons in the GtkScaleButton

Hello.

> For the second option, just add the images folder to the theme search
> patch with gtk_icon_theme_append_search_path will resolve the problem?

Yes, this is all that is needed to have named icons working. Theme
lookup mechanism will do rest of the work for you.

> How, by the code, I connect the GtkIconTheme to the GtkIconFactory? Or
> it is done automatically? I have tried:

This is something you would only rarely want to do, since most of the
time, user defined stock icons are defined directly from disk files or
GdkPixbufs. Icon theme and stock items are for normal application two
separate things that do not mix.

While I was sleeping, I remembered one more way of solving your issue
that doesn't involve copying icons into folders, expanding paths, ...
Have a look at this application that shows you how to add icon to
current theme with minimal fuss:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   GtkWidget *window, *scaleButton3;
   GdkPixbuf *pixbuf;

   gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

   pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file ("icon.jpg", NULL);
   gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon ("my-icon",
				    gdk_pixbuf_get_width (pixbuf),
				    pixbuf);

   window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
   gtk_widget_set_size_request(window, 300, 175);

   scaleButton3 = gtk_image_new_from_icon_name("my-icon", GTK_ICON_SIZE_BUTTON);
   gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), scaleButton3);

   gtk_widget_show_all(window);

   gtk_main();

   return 0;
}

This code simply registers "my-icon" name as an alias for pixbuf,
which means that you can use that name in any function that takes
named icon as parameter.

Hopefully this will resolve your issues.

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak
tadeboro.blogspot.com