RE: How to embed a shell into GTK window

FWIW, Notepad++ is quite a nice editor, easy to install, so you can try it
to get "look and feel". I used it a little (because I use Windows very
rarely) to debug and run a Perl script calling a "C" program - the
built-in terminal window was very convenient. IIRC, it was possible to even
import screen output into text editing window (tab to be precise, the
terminal window was also a tab).

Regards,
  Sergei.