Re: A simple compass widget

Interesting. I didn't know about it. The disadvantage as I see it though, is the fact that it seems to be one shot. I.e. you do it once and you then start to edit the code. And if you want to add another property or signal, you have to do it manually in the source code. Unless gobject-gen parses your h and c-files, an approach that was taken years ago in the OpenLook DevGuide toolkit, and later on in one of the Microsoft environments. This approach did not lead to pretty code.

That's why I prefer a well defined syntaxes to GUI tools.

Dov

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 18:12, John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:

>       *
> (Personally I prefer using Gob2 or Vala for writing custom widgets,
> that take care of the latter issues quite transparently. Just write
> public or private in front of a field.)

gobject-gen is also excellent for this (the codewriter branch)

http://audidude.com/?p=225

John