Re: regex-test fails in 2.22.4

Sergei Steshenko wrote:

It may as well be a bug in 'glib'. I.e. PCRE functionality/interface could
change, and 'glib' folks may be out of sync.

Formally speaking, it's a 'glib' bug in any case - its 'configure' should
check for compatible version of PCRE.

Actually, it looks as if it may be simply a bad assumption within the testsuite itself. If I change tests/regex-test.c:1183:

TEST_PARTIAL("a+b", "aa", FALSE); /* PCRE_ERROR_BAD_PARTIAL */
TEST_PARTIAL("a+b", "aa", TRUE);

then the test suite passes again. It looks from the NEWS in the pcre-8.00 tarball that there were lots of fixes to partial matching so the glib testsuite somehow needs to take those into account.

Regards,

Matt.