Re: simple compass widget available

A small note on the lack of a gtk repository. I think that gtk is heavily loosing out on not having a repository of widgets. The last few years I have written a lot of gtk code and since several years, I am wrapping everything into widgets. Were there a repository I would probably have uploaded a of them, but as it is now I feel they are orphaned and they are "hidden" within my various applications. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Especially now with Vala and Genie (but even before with gob2) it is very easy to wrap functionality into widgets, and prepare the widgets for reuse.

As an example of the importance of a repository, just look at how important CPAN is for Perl. And perhaps even appstore for the iphone...

Regards,
Dov

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 21:25, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin <pierre-luc pierlux com> wrote:
On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 20:12 +0100, Tadej Borovšak wrote:
> I think this was aimed at incorporation of most of the functionality
> of libsexy into existing GTK+ widgets (icons inside GtkEntry, ...).

Right, my comment was based purely on libsexy's case. Disregard it at
will. :)

Pierre-Luc