Re: display video to different video interface such as HDMI, DVI,...

Hi,

> Hi everybody
>     I will use gstreamer to display video in gtk window, the
> circumstance which I designed is this:
>     RGB/YUV video stream--> GStreamer module --> mutil video interface
> HDMI/DVI/VGA/S-Port
>
>    now I will code the GStreamer module, and have some problems:
>    1. Is my design OK?

Gstreamer should govern the whole media stream.
That is what it's meant for.
(the multi video interfaces can be out of its scope though)

Gstreamer is a multimedia framework, to which you can plug a number
of plugins and construct a media processing pipeline. For example,
you can construct a pipeline having file-source, demuxer, video-decoder,
 audio-decoder, audio-sink and video-sink. (pipeline for video playback)

Now, I don't know exactly what you want to do here. You have the
raw video stream in the first place? You also mentioned audio stream
 below. From where these media stream are coming?

If you are trying to make a player for local video clip or streming over
the net, there are many ready-made plugins you can use for that purpose.
Or you can make your decoder (or raw-video-src) plugin if you need it.

>    2. to out to mutil interface, does the GStreamer support?
>        or to support mutil interface is not GStreamer job?

As said, Gsteramer works with plugins. So you can do almost whatever you
want if you make such plugins. However, as far as I know, it is more
common to use/rely on the existing system features underneath to support
the video-out selection. Meaning how the data on video planes to be
 merged and output can depend on the design of your taget platform.

>        Is related to gtk+? because my desing is the whole display
> window design by gtk+ have two parts: one the control panel, the other
> is video window

I think no. Your question does not seem to be related much to gtk.
And thus you might not get much support on the topic from this mailing
list.

>     3. Is there some examples to show RGB/YUV streams and audio stream
> to HDMI interface

As said, it would depend on your target platform and what you really want.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Eigo