TouchScreen scrolling?

Hello all,
    trying to write an app that runs on a touch screen device without a mouse.
I can't find too much info but could well be looking in the wrong place or with
the wrong search string.

I've a list of items in a TreeView which I'd like to be able to grab to
scroll. At present I'm presenting a popup menu on a double click so that I
don't confuse the click to drag with the double click. Is there some way of
achieving this grab to scroll functionality in gtk?