Re: GTK+ 2.20.0 Make Install Problem

Thanks Sergei and Tadej for your workarounds. Removing /usr/lib from Line 107 makes an excellent fix.

Cheers,

Yudong

Sergei Steshenko wrote, On 05/08/2010 14:42:

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Tadej Borovšak <tadeboro gmail com> wrote:

From: Tadej Borovšak <tadeboro gmail com>
Subject: Re: GTK+ 2.20.0 Make Install Problem
To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh yahoo com>
Cc: gtk-list gnome org, "Yudong Sun" <yudong nag co uk>
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 6:11 AM
Hi.

I'm having exactly the same problems on my machine when
using jhbuild
to build GTK+3. As a workaround, I simply set LD_PRELOAD
env variable
before compiling/installing.

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak
tadeboro.blogspot.com

The bug report has a workaround.

The problem is that actually first plain 'make' fails. If to restart
'make', it apparently completes successfully, but then 'make install' fails.

The workaround in the bug report fixes the root cause by hacking the
wrongly dealing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH generated by 'libtool' script.

Because of wrongly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH the build itself (i.e. just
'make') may be incorrect.

If anyone is interested, my AppsFromScratch with the fix is available,
so no need in 'jhbuild' - for gtk+-2.20.1.

Regards,
  Sergei.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star.