Re: GTK+ 2.20.0 Make Install Problem

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Tadej Borovšak <tadeboro gmail com> wrote:

> From: Tadej Borovšak <tadeboro gmail com>
> Subject: Re: GTK+ 2.20.0 Make Install Problem
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh yahoo com>
> Cc: gtk-list gnome org, "Yudong Sun" <yudong nag co uk>
> Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 6:11 AM
> Hi.
>
> I'm having exactly the same problems on my machine when
> using jhbuild
> to build GTK+3. As a workaround, I simply set LD_PRELOAD
> env variable
> before compiling/installing.
>
> Tadej
>
> --
> Tadej Borovšak
> tadeboro.blogspot.com
> tadeboro gmail com
> tadej borovsak gmail com

The bug report has a workaround.

The problem is that actually first plain 'make' fails. If to restart
'make', it apparently completes successfully, but then 'make install'
fails.

The workaround in the bug report fixes the root cause by hacking the
wrongly dealing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH generated by 'libtool' script.

Because of wrongly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH the build itself (i.e. just
'make') may be incorrect.

If anyone is interested, my AppsFromScratch with the fix is available,
so no need in 'jhbuild' - for gtk+-2.20.1.

Regards,
  Sergei.