Re: gtk_window_fullscreen() in absence of WM

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 00:50 +0300, max ulidtko wrote:

> What is gtk_window_fullscreen() supposed to do in absence of window
> manager? In my case the window gets resized to 200x200, and i wonder
> what code is responsible for that. I looked in the function's source,
> and discovered that it just forwards the work to
> gdk_window_fullscreen(), but i couldn't find it in gdkwindow.c,

look in gdk/x11

> unfortunately. Though it is declared in gdkwindow.h. Any help
> navigating this issue?

if you're not using a window manager you won't get decorations either;
so all you need to do to achieve fullscren is just set the size of the
GtkWindow to be the same size of the GdkScreen attached to it (see:
gtk_widget_get_screen()).

now, if you want to *detect* whether or not you're running under a
window manager, you can look at the EWMH specification and see which
hints you can use.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--