gtk_window_fullscreen() in absence of WM

Hello list

What is gtk_window_fullscreen() supposed to do in absence of window
manager? In my case the window gets resized to 200x200, and i wonder
what code is responsible for that. I looked in the function's source,
and discovered that it just forwards the work to
gdk_window_fullscreen(), but i couldn't find it in gdkwindow.c,
unfortunately. Though it is declared in gdkwindow.h. Any help
navigating this issue?

------
Sincerely,
max ulidtko