Trying to cross compile glib-2.18.2 for ARM

Hello,

I am working with a Freescale i.MX27 ARM processor running Linux 2.6.22. I want to upgrade the Freescale-supplied version of gstreamer to a later version to get functionality they left out.

The gstreamer build asks for a newer version of glib than the existing build, so I modified the build files to use glib-2.18.2. The build script runs OK until it gets to this part:

checking for posix getpwuid_r... (cached) yes
checking for posix getgrgid_r... configure: error: in
`/opt/Freescale1/ltib/rpm/BUILD/glib-2.18.2':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.
error: Bad exit status from /opt/Freescale1/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.29960 (%
build)

The config.log file pretty much repeats the above messages, and adds all the cache variables. If anyone wants to see that file, I can post it - 250 Kb.

Is there a compiler flag or build option to fix this? I don't see anything obvios in the build documentation.

Chuck Kuecker