Understanding glib events

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the way glib uses events when using g_main_loop_run(loop).
This is how I understand it:

The g_main_loop_run() function checks regulary if there are events that needs to be processed. The signal of an event is then executed by executing the callback function. What I don't understand is when a new event/callback function is executed. Is this when the first callback function is completed and then a next event is handled? Or is this when a event is dispatched by calling the callback function. Even when the callback function is not completed yet, another event can already be dispatched?

I expect that multiple callback functions can be handled at the same time but that only one event at at time will be dispatched.

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me a bit.

Thanks!