Re: Abort compiling of gtk+ (jhbuild)

Hi.

This is not a bug (at least not in GTK+/GLib). It may be bug in
jhbuild or libtool, but as I said, I never researched this through.
And new GNOME will install on Gentoo just fine when official packagers
produce ebuild, since GLib will be properly installed before
attempting to install GTK+. You're seeing this problem only because
you have two, ABI incompatible versions of GLib installed in parallel.

BTW, did you try setting LD_PRELOAD env variable before building with jhbuild?

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak
tadeboro.blogspot.com