Problem debugging the GTK dll in Windows

Hi,

I'm trying to debug the GTK dll in Windows using gdb to try to get some clue
on a problem I'm having with a file chooser dialog. I downloaded the GTK
2.16.6 source and successfully compiled it under mingw. The result was a
built libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll file with full symbols. So far so good.

I then temporarily removed the libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll from the bin directory
in my GTK 2.16.6 installation, tried to run the app and got this error, as
would be expected:

error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll: cannot open

I think installed my built debug dll to the file where the app is located
and tried again, but this did not work, giving the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Any ideas what might cause that? I also tried installing the debug DLL into
the $GTK_BASEPATH/bin directory but got the same.

To build the GTK dll I ran configure like this followed by make in the
source directory:

./configure --with-gdktarget=win32 --disable-gdiplus
--with-included-immodules --without-libjasper --enable-debug=yes
--enable-explicit-deps=no --disable-gtk-doc --disable-static

Ian