Re: Compiling gtk libraries and gcc

On Fri, September 18, 2009 4:54 pm, Javier Jardón wrote:
> Hello Marco,
>
> I'm not a expert, so maybe there is a better ways to do this.
>
> I have this in my .bashrc: (I install the programs/libraries in ~/local)
>
> export PATH=~/local/bin:~/bin:${PATH}
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/local/lib/pkgconfig/:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}
>
> Then, when I want to compile something, I use
>
> ./autogen --prefix=/home/jjardon/local
>
> and then
>
> make; make install
>
> to compile (It will use the libraries manually installed in ~/local)
> and install the program in ~/local
>

> Hope helps,
>
> --
> Javier Jardón Cabezas

Hi Javier,
I have made that :
mkdir /opt/local/,
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export PATH=/opt/local/bin/:$PATH

then I compiled glib and gtk with --prefix=/opt/local/
gtk complain about it was missing the new gtk libs even if pkfconfig
reported the latest.
So i needed to issue  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/ before
configure it.

I've installed also my software under /opt/local/.

Result: the software is running but its look and feel is all but not
GTK...it seems like the x11 xterm,like if was not able to dinamically load
the right libraries...
On this, I got this message after installing gtk:

Libraries have been installed in:
   /opt/gtk/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

Can this be related to my problem?

How can I prooced/debug now?

thank you very much.

--