[no subject]

Hi Tadej,

Thanks for your ultra-fast response. It almost came before I had written the question.

Yes, indeed gtk_widget_modify_font did the trick!

So simple, but I did not know about this call.

Again many thanks.

Ken

----
Hi.

Have you tried to use gtk_widget_modify_font on your text view? I
think this should do the trick.

Tadej
-----

Here is my attempt:

void changefont ( GtkWidget * widget , PangoFontDescription * tofd )
   {
   PangoContext * context = gtk_widget_get_pango_context ( widget );
   PangoLayout * layout = pango_layout_new ( context );
   pango_layout_set_font_description ( layout, tofd );
   }

Then at start of textview:

   GtkWidget * e = gtk_text_view_new ( ) ;
   GtkTextBuffer * buf = gtk_text_view_get_buffer (GTK_TEXT_VIEW (e));
   changefont ( e , fixedfontfd ) ; // fixed font previously defined in my code
   gtk_text_buffer_set_text (buf, inittext, -1);

The font does not change. Is the above wrong?
How to do this?

I have very little experience with GTK fonts. Help would be very much appreciated.

New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!