parameters to signal handler and gtk_builder_connect_signals.

This is probably one of the RTFM moments but how the heck to you connect
a parameter to signal if you use gtk_builder_connect_signals()?

I have a lot of callbacks in my forms and I don't want to write pedantic
g_signal_connect() code so I thought I would just put it in the glade
file.  That worked fine until I wanted to pass some data in.  Then I
kept getting "Gtk-WARNING **: Could not lookup object ...".  Then I read
the man page and it appears to say that you can only have one data item
which will be passed to all callbacks.   That seems rather stupid.

Can someone spare a clue?  I seem to have left all of mine in my other
pants.

--David.