Re: gtk_widget_size

On Monday 23 March 2009, duanweiguang wrote:
> I want to get the size of widget but it prints the Gtk-WARNING blow :
> (dd:15791): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate
> widget with width -1211745941 and height 156571040 please tell me how i can
> get the size of widget. thank your!

If you want to GET the size then why are you using a function described in the
documentation as :

This function is only used by GtkContainer subclasses, to assign a size and
position to their child widgets.

Note the word "assign" in the description and the word "allocate" in the name.

Perhaps you want gtk_widget_size_request ?