Re: wipe effects in gtk

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:35:22 -0500
zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net> wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:50:59 +0530
>nishit sharma <sharmafrequent gmail com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Can anybody tell me how can i implement wipe effects in gtk
>>
>>Waiting for reply
>>
>>Thanks
>
>Just move your toplevel windows in a timer, 1 pixel at a time,
>until they are in position.
>
>To do what they do on TV, usually requires very fast computers,
>huge video memories, and some frame manipulation techniques,
>like green screening.
>
>But for some simple effects....just move the windows.
>
>If you do everything on a Canvas type widget, it can be easier,
>but you want something that does transparencies....like the Goo canvas.
>
>my 2 cents,
>zentara

Google for "gtk+ clock" . There is an example of a transparent floating
clock in the examples/tutorials somewhere.

A Perl version of clock can be found in
 http://forgeftp.novell.com/gtk2-perl-study/download/

Instead of the time, display
 your scores, and move the transparent window
on the screen with a timer.

Also see "Gtk2 transparent screen messages"  at:
 http://perlmonks.org?node_id=582723

zentara

http://www.zentara.net/~zentaran/My_Petition_to_the_Great_Cosmic_Conciousness.html