Re: wipe effects in gtk

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:50:59 +0530
nishit sharma <sharmafrequent gmail com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Can anybody tell me how can i implement wipe effects in gtk
>
>Waiting for reply
>
>Thanks

Just move your toplevel windows in a timer, 1 pixel at a time,
until they are in position.

To do what they do on TV, usually requires very fast computers,
huge video memories, and some frame manipulation techniques,
like green screening.

But for some simple effects....just move the windows.

If you do everything on a Canvas type widget, it can be easier,
but you want something that does transparencies....like the Goo canvas.

my 2 cents,
zentara

http://www.zentara.net/~zentaran/My_Petition_to_the_Great_Cosmic_Conciousness.html