Tooltips on comboBox

Hi, I need to add tooltips on single entries of a ComboBox, but I couldn't
understand if it's any possible. I use PyGtk but pygtk list was not helpful,
so forgive me the example in python.

I tried to add tooltip via gtk.Tooltip widget.

In my attempt to get tooltips I see that as I click on the arrow and the
popup appears, the tooltip disappears.

It seems the popup is a different gtk.Widget, and I should connect to that
one to attach tooltips. Is that correct? and in case how can I have that
widget?

I tried to connect to 'add' signal but it's never triggered. I see the
ComboBox has a child: a CellView, but if I understand correctly CellView
only displayes *one* line and moreover I was not able to add a tooltip
anyhow.

Can somebody clearify which is the way a ComboBox pops a menu and how I can
get to it's components to set a tooltip?

thanks
sandro
*:-)

import gtk
import datetime

class Test(object):

    def __init__(self):
        self.w = gtk.Window()
        self.v = gtk.VBox()
        self.c = gtk.ComboBox()
        self.c = gtk.combo_box_new_text()
        #print self.c, type(self.c)

        for i in "= > < >= <= ~ ~!".split():
            self.c.append_text(i)

        self.c.set_property('has-tooltip', True)
        self.c.connect('query-tooltip', self.on_query_tooltip)

        self.w.add(self.v)
        self.v.add(self.c)

        self.w.show_all()

    def on_query_tooltip(self, widget,  x, y, keyboard_mode, tooltip):
        print widget, x, y, keyboard_mode, tooltip
        tooltip.set_text(datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%M:%S'))
        return True

if __name__ == '__main__':

    t = Test()
    gtk.main()