Re: Curious display/destruction/refresh behavior

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:40:15 -0800 (PST)
John Boncek <jboncek Hunter COM> wrote:

>We have developed several large embedded applications in GTK+.  Most of our
>windows create their widgets more or less from top to bottom.  We've noted
>that widgets pretty consistently appear on the screen in reverse of this
>order, that is, from the bottom up.  They also disappear from the bottom up
>when a window is destroyed.  When a window is covered by another application
>program's window, then re-exposed, however, the widgets (often) can be seen
>to refresh from the top down.  I just want to understand this curious
>ordering.  Can anyone explain?  (I realize that this may not even be visible
>on systems with more horsepower but it is quite visible in our embedded
>PXA270 ARM-architecture system running GTK+ 2.14.)

This is a poor attempt at a "fuuny but true"  answer..... are you sure you are
using pack_start and not pack_end in your packing? :-)

Or, maybe it's the way the video memory works on your exotic equipment?

zentara

http://www.zentara.net/~zentaran/My_Petition_to_the_Great_Cosmic_Conciousness.html