Re: GtkTreeView unbearably slow

Hi Vikram,

2009/12/27 Vikram Noel Ambrose <noel ambrose gmail com>:
> Why is GtkTreeView so horrendously slow compared to... QTreeView for
> example?

I think you need to give more information. What is slow, exactly?
Scrolling? Adding rows? Sorting by colums? Resizing? How are you
measuring speed? Do you have some example code that demonstrates poor
performance?

> I'm using a GtkTreeView with about 5 columns, all small text strings. Using
> GtkTextCellRenderer. A couple thousand rows.

That doesn't sound like a large data set, you'd think it would be
pretty quick. Synaptic (to pick one example) has a treeview with
~30,000 rows and performs acceptably (for me).

John