Glowing Treeview Row

I'm trying to find a way of making an entire row "glow" to give feedback to the user on which row has been "activated". I good example of this feature is used in Amarok. When a row is "activated", it begins to glow with a hazy highlight.

Is there any built in functionality like this in GTK? If not is there a way I can use a GtkCellRendererPixbuf to engulf all text columns on a particular row?

Or are there any better techniques to accomplishing this?

Thanks,

Vik.