Re: Problem with two versions of glib...

Hi Yeti,

Thanks for reply.

The 'make uninstall' did the trick. I was so immersed in rounding up the dependencies, I clean forgot that you just go to the directory the ./configure, make, make install files are in & do as you suggested (not all programs use those commands, I do realize).

& by the way, you may be correct in your admonition to "never..." but I hardly consider the distinct recommendation from GTK producers regarding dependencies to be "random." Perhaps I need to change my out look here? I do agree, however, care & knowledge are crucial, as is gaining experience... & putting them together can even be better, or should I say, the aim.

I also got Ardour built & installed.

Thanks again.

Henry