RE: Small "close_tab_button"

Merci!

Tadej overtook you but this is useful input as I was worried about the naming thing (now I know that names don't need to be unique).
I tried to look at Firefox's code directly but this is probably the subject of a PHD thesis on its own.
I didn't think of GEdit :)

Thanks all
Julien (happy coder)

> Subject: Re: Small "close_tab_button"
> From: pierre-luc pierlux com
> To: julien_bramary msn com
> CC: gtk-list gnome org
> Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 05:18:32 -0500
>
> On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 11:04 +0100, Julien Bramary wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > After 2 years of working with GTK+ I have hit a brick wall. The fact
> > that it took 2 years for this to happen shows how good the
> > documentation and the kit in general are!
> Yes it is good :)
>

> > Anyway here's my problem:
> > This works nicely, *but*, the button is huge (see
> > not_nice_big_button.png attached). There seems to be a lot of white
> > space between the edge of the icon and the edges of the button itself.
>
> You should try looking at other FOSS applications code :) For instance,
> GEdit has the same buttons.
>
> You have to set a GtkStyle for that button to remove the focus padding.
> Specificly:
>
> gtk_rc_parse_string ("""
> style "notebook-close-button-style"
> {
> GtkWidget::focus-padding = 0
> GtkWidget::focus-line-width = 0
> xthickness = 0
> ythickness = 0
> }
> widget "*.notebook-close-button" style
> "notebook-close-button-style"
> """);
>
> And then name the button widgets "notebook-close-button" and voilà!
>
> gtk_widget_set_name (widget, "notebook-close-button");
>
> Pierre-Luc

Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.