Re: Small "close_tab_button"

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 11:04 +0100, Julien Bramary wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After 2 years of working with GTK+ I have hit a brick wall. The fact
> that it took 2 years for this to happen shows how good the
> documentation and the kit in general are!
Yes it is good :)

> Anyway here's my problem:
> This works nicely, *but*, the button is huge (see
> not_nice_big_button.png attached). There seems to be a lot of white
> space between the edge of the icon and the edges of the button itself.

You should try looking at other FOSS applications code :)  For instance,
GEdit has the same buttons.

You have to set a GtkStyle for that button to remove the focus padding.
Specificly:

gtk_rc_parse_string ("""
                style "notebook-close-button-style"
                {
                  GtkWidget::focus-padding = 0
                  GtkWidget::focus-line-width = 0
                  xthickness = 0
                  ythickness = 0
                }
                widget "*.notebook-close-button" style
"notebook-close-button-style"
                """);

And then name the button widgets "notebook-close-button" and voilà!

gtk_widget_set_name (widget, "notebook-close-button");

Pierre-Luc