Re: Distribution

> So if I want to distribute a closed-source GTK+/Cairo Windows app, I can package,
> for instance, my .EXE and Tor Lillqvist's Win DLLs, but I must include the DLL
> source and build environment?

Not the whole "build environment" if by that you mean compiler etc.
Just the sources for the LGPL code (i.e. the GTK+ stack DLLs).

> Could I fulfil that by packaging Tor's bundle from
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.16/gtk+-bundle_2.16.6-20091013_win32.zip ?

There are no sources in that.

> I remember reading somewhere that I needed to ship my object code, so that it could be re-linked
> against newer or changed versions of the libraries. Is that true for GTK+ and associated libraries?

That is not necessary as GTK+ is in the form of DLLs, one does not
need to relink your object code to use a modified build of GTK+. (Hmm,
except if the modification is such that it changes the API and/or ABI.
I am not a lawyer, for legal advice, consult a such.)

> Alternatively, can I comply with the LGPL by shipping just my EXE and require the recipient to
> acquire the DLLS, say from the GIMP installers?

Sure. Then the LGPL doesn't concern you at all then as you aren't
distributing anything covered by it.

--tml