Re: all about gobject references

A little off-topic, resp. about a similar issue, but I haven't found any
reason for it:
I read about using g_mem_set_vtable( glib_mem_profiler_table ) and using
g_atexit( g_mem_profile ). Even in this short example, I still get
memory leaks reported:

#include	<stdlib.h>
#include	<gtk/gtk.h>
#include	<glib.h>

int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
  g_mem_set_vtable( glib_mem_profiler_table );
  g_atexit( g_mem_profile );

  gtk_init( &argc, &argv );

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

$ src/test
GLib Memory statistics (failing operations):
 --- none ---
Total bytes: allocated=967935, zero-initialized=120832 (12.48%),
freed=710216 (73.37%), remaining=257719

So even in this simple example there seem to occur memory leaks... I
guess this is not the case, is the memory really freed right away or
might it be freed after the program already exited?..
What just confuses me is the fact, that this should be a method for
chasing memory leeks, but in such a case, this is not usable.
Maybe someone can give a hint?

Greets
David Daniel