Re: all about gobject references

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Tadej Borovšak <tadeboro gmail com> wrote:
Hi.

> but still after reading thoroughly  i am unable to figure out why the
> ref_count would be "4" for gtk_window_new() call ?

After gtk_window_new call, refcount is 1. Additional references are
added by callback mechanism. (Try adding print statement right after
the creation and you'll see.)
Ok i agree :)
i put printf  after gtk_main() call and found out that ref_count  is 0 which is good way of saying the finalize will be called when the ref_count drops to zero and the memory used for window will be returned back to the heap
which all of this means no mem leak in itself
but when i put it throught valgrind tool it says 156 bytes loss in memory .........
how can i free the code from memleak   ?

--
Regards,
~Sid~