GTK/C in netbeans

Hello,
        So I've been reading a GTK book (http://www.gtkbook.com/home.php) to start learning and can make a simple application with a window and button or label.  I've been using the command line/text editors to make/compile my programs so far, it works good, but I use netbeans usually and would like to start using that.  I've unsuccessfully tried to get the right include directories and other things into netbeans to get it working.  I've used this guide: http://wiki.netbeans.org/GtkApplicationInNetBeans to try to do this.  I also found that in geany (http://www.geany.org/) you can just add options to the compile command (so I can use pkg-config) and that works good.  Does anyone know if I can do that in netbeans?  Thanks,

Josh