Re: Font question

On 04/14/2009 03:50 PM, ikorot earthlink net wrote:
Hi, ALL,
My question is related to Pango/font. I don't know if this is the right place
though...

I'd like to retrieve all possible sizes for specific font name.
I know there is a pango_font_face_list_sizes() and pango_font_description_get_size().

My problem is:

[code]
int **sizes, *n_sizes;
PangoFontDescription *desc = pango_font_description_from_string( name );
pango_font_face_list_sizes( ..., sizes, n_size );

What do I put instead of the dots?

You can get the list of font faces on the system using pango_font_family_list_faces() and pango_font_map_list_families(). Unfortunately there is no easier API to access font faces right now.

Also my guess is that pango_font_description_get_size() returns only one size
and not all available sizes for this specific font name. Am I right in this?

A font description does not necessarily correspond to any font on the system. It's just a description. pango_font_description_get_size() simply returns whatever was set using pango_font_description_set_size().

behdad

Thank you.