Re: gtk+ compilation problems on RHEL 5.3

Hi Sergei,

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 04:17 PM PDT, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

... Text Deleted ...

SS> Find if config.log the exact place where "checking for XOpenDisplay"
SS> happens - in my case it looks like this:
SS>
SS> configure:31890: checking for XOpenDisplay
SS> .

After closer inspection, I discovered that when some of the libs were
installed all of the symbolic links were not created.  For example, even
though libXext.so.6.4.0 was installed, there was not a link to
libXext.so .  Therefore the lib was not found.  I had that issue with a
couple of the X11 libs.

Regarding JPEG, I compiled shared-libs instead of the static-libs and
the JPEG issue 'configure' reported disappeared as well.

Now 'configure' completes, but I have compilation issues.  The fun never
ends ...

Thanks for all the assistance.

--
Mun