Re: Text layout in a GtkLabel

You can use gtk_label_set_markup() and set the internal Layout of the
Label using Pango markup, or use gtk_label_get_layout() (it's safe to
call this function without realizing the widget first); that way
actually have the Label's/a PangoLayout and can modify it as you were
used to. There's also gtk_label_get/set_attributes() by which you
don't need to get the actual Layout but that runs down to the same
thing.

M.