Text layout in a GtkLabel

Hi,

I've implemented a help mechanism where clicking on a help icon pops up a help message, and am using a GtkMessageDialog to do it. It's pretty simple and is working fine, except that in one case I want to display a numbered list and to make it look neat I want to have all the text apart from the numbers indented. But I can't find an easy way to do that with a GtkLabel which is what the GtkMessageDialog uses to display the text.

The GtkLabel supports setting a Pango attributes list or text with Pango meta formatting, but that is all character formatting. I think I could achieve what I want using a Pango layout, but I can't see any way to use that with a GtkLabel.

Anyone know if there's any way to format the layout of text in a GtkLabel?

Otherwise, what would be the best widget to use to display text with a layout like this?

Ian