'Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtcurve"' problem

Hello All,

after upgrading my KDE version I'm getting this warning:

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtcurve" ...

and the application does not look the way it used to look.

I read http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/gtk/gtk-running.html document, but it's
unclear to me how to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, gtk+ does not print the paths it goes through trying to
locate that theme engine, otherwise I would have guessed where to put
the files or to symlink them.

The theme engine in question (if I understand correctly what it is)
can be either of the following two files:

/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/styles/qtcurve.so
/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/styles/qtcurve.so

- I mean, these are real location of my 'qtcurve.so' files on in my
filesystem. Since I'm on KDE3, I guess I need the first of the two.

So, how can I resolve this issue ?

I.e. what directories/files should I create and/or what environment
variables to set in order to make the application see qtcurve.so ?

Also, there is

/usr/share/themes/QtCurve/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

file which I want to be used, in the beginning the file says:

style "qtcurve-default"

, so I guess, this is the gtkrc file I want to be used by gtk+
applications.

Thanks,
  Sergei.