Re: Questions about combobox.

you really are making this way more complicated than necessary, i think.

all your problems will be solved if you:

   1. simply make the title you want to be seen to be the first item in
the list.
   2. set this item to be the item on display any time you want to force
the user to make a new selection.
   3. have all your code understand that the first item is not an actual
valid selection, i.e., all references to combo box list items start
from a reference of 1.
   4. error checking can simply take into account that the first item on
the list is not valid and proceed forthwith.

you've never really explained why it is so undesirable to implement it
like this.  this method works, i use it everywhere in my program.

richard