Re: Questions about combobox.

I suppose that you are making a form.

How do you pretend to catch an error when the user have not changed the value?

It is a must that a default item should be displayed and that item
need to have an ID on the list.

Maybe you would not put "Select Country" as an item list, but you can
put "<Country>" and "Select Country" as a Hint.

Cheers