From: gtk-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtk-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Ian Puleston
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 2:15 AM
To: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: RE: List Scrolling

I had exactly the same problem, which appeared to be because I was trying to
scroll it before the window had completed building the display. What I did
back then to work around the problem was this - after loading the text into
the window I have:

    /* We must now wait a bit for the window to be ready before we can
scroll it */
    g_timeout_add(50, doneTimer, G_POINTER(errCode));

And in that timer callback I basically do exactly what you have above.