Re: sizeGroup in a table...

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristan van berkom gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:59 AM,  <z pekar gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have problems packing widgets into a table using sizeGroup. Here I
>> try to pack 2 gtkRulers around a scrolled window, so that rulers cover
>> only scrolled window's container and not the scrollbars (like in
>> gimp), I try to achieve this by putting rulers in the same sizeGroup
>> with scrolled window's container. But it doesn't seem to work -
>> instead rulers "cover" also the scrollbars :( what do I do wrong?
>
> Size groups group widgets together so that they all request the
> same size, they cannot break the rules of container packing positions.
>
> I didnt look at your ui code, but you need your scroll bars to be in
> different table columns than your rulers and scrolled windows.

I have a 3x3 table
the vertical ruler is in the column 0-1, the horz. ruler is in columnt
1-2, and the scrolled window got 2 columns - 1-3... so there is space
of the third column for the vert. scrollbar...
and how can I separate scrollbars from scrolled window - its one widget?

thank you
Zeev