Using GLADE for windows

Hi All,
I was using GLADE-2 for sometime now and wanted to look at newer versions of GLADE and found GLADE-3. I noticed that code generation has been removed. I've noticed even in GLADE-2 that some features such as color of windows, color of buttons and other widgets for example cannot be set. So I used to edit the code generated by glade2. Since glade3 is not generating code anymore how can one change color and do other changes?
Also in glade 2, gtk_widget_show was not called on top level window created and user had to call that. Is this the same in glade3 also?

Harinandan S