Re: Problems trying to build gtk in Windows

> Next I ran make. It ran for a while then stopped at this line of output with
> Windows reporting "This application has failed to start because
> libglib-2.0-0.dll was not found":

> I have my GTK installation bin directory on the PATH in both the msys and
> Windows environments, and libglib-2.0-0.dll is in there, so I don't see why
> it can't find that DLL?

Me neither. You need to figure out the root cause for this first,
instead of doing this:

> I had to manually copy all the dlls from GTK/bin into the
> gdk-pixbuf source directory

which is not a good idea, you are just sweeiping the problem under the rug.

> /c/Users/Ian/Downloads/GTK/win32-src/gtk+-2.14.4/gtk/.libs/gtk-update-icon-cache.exe: Bad file number
> ./gtk-update-icon-cache: line 104:

One thing I always do personally when building anything that uses
libtool on Windows is to avoid the shell script wrappers in libtool.
Edit ltmain.sh (the one from a tarball, or the one that is installed
in whatever/share/libtool if you are building something from SVN) and
change the line
  need_relink=yes
  need_relink=no

Then libtool will try to build exe files directly in each folder, not
into the .libs folder with a wrapper shell script. This might help. I
have been doing this for so long that I can't remember any more what
the exact reason was why I started doing it, though...

> gcc -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -g -O2 -Wall -mms-bitfields -o .libs/gtk-update-icon-cache.exe

Note here that as libtool is using wrappers, the .exe that is being
created is .libs/gtk-update-icon-cache.exe. The gtk-update-icon-cache
in the folder itself is a shell script. There shouldn't be any
gtk-update-icon-cache.exe in the folder in this case, I think.

--tml