pangowin32.la -> .lib

Hi,

I'm trying to build the win32 version of pango so that I can run it with
debug messages turned out to try to help track down a problem. I ran
configure and make, and with a little hacking got the make to complete
without errors (building in under msys). However what it has generated for
pangowin32 is:

  lib/libpangowin32-1.0.dll.a
  lib/pangowin32-1.0.def
  lib/libpangowin32-1.0.la

But what comes with the pre-built Windows pango installation is:

  lib/libpangowin32-1.0.dll.a
  lib/pangowin32-1.0.def
  lib/pangowin32-1.0.lib

So, question, how do I generate the Windows .lib file from the .la file that
make has output?

And one other thing. After running configure pango-enum-types.h, which says
it is generated by glib-mkenums.h, had comment lines that looked as below. I
fixed these manually and then it built OK, but any idea why they got like
this?

   C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/* enumerations from "pango-attributes.h" *//n

Ian