Mirroring GtkTextView

Hi, Is there a way to make the GtkTextView mirrored? in other programming environment, I can achieve this by subclassing the view object of the text view, and override the draw function to perform affine transform (such as scale, rotate and translate) in such a way so the text will be displayed in mirrored form.
I've checked the GtkTextView documentation, I cannot find its function to obtain the canvas area, and its superclasses does not expose any canvas related functions (is it?). The only reference about where I can do affine transform is in GnomeCanvas object. Is there any relation from GtkTextView to GnomeCanvas? Thank you very much for your help.