how to set transparency to widgets?

Hi All,

I am looking at ways to make a window transparent and only some widgets on the window to be visible. I found

gtk_window_set_opacity API but this API sets opacity to entire window but not to a widget.

Is there any way I can make the window transparent and show only widgets?

I am also looking at ways to show multiple windows and set appropriate transparency to widgets to get the

desired widgets from each window on the screen.

--
Regards,
Harinandan S