RE: gtk_window_move

You are misunderstanding one of the basic principles of event driven
programming.  None of the events (window show, window move, user button
click, etc...) are processed until gtk_main() starts the event loop.
Each event is handled in one iteration of the event loop.  Your code is
queuing some shows and moves with sleeps in between, then it calls
gtk_main() to start processing events.  So, it is quickly processing
your queued events one after the other.

There are a few ways to get the behavior you desire.  Here is one
pseudo-code-ish solution:

bool timeoutCb() {
  gtk_window_move();
  if(done annoying the user)