Re: bug(s) in all-in-one bundle?

--- Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

> What instructions? ;)
>
> I am afraid I must again use the term "is expected" that seemed to
> upset some people last time... The Win32 binaries for the GTK+ stack
> on ftp.gnome.org "are expected" to be used by people who develop GTK+
> applications and/or bundle GTK+ with installers for applications. Just
> like people who package GTK+ for various Linux distros, they are
> expected to know about gtkrc files and the kind of things one can
> change by providing such a file. If they don't, well, it shouldn't be
> that hard to find people who can give advice.

Sorry, your development + distribution model is fundamentally flawed.

The needed info should be available from the package, people should be needed to
file bugs against in this context.

--- Richard Boaz <riboaz xs4all nl> wrote:

> >> Shouldn't the instructions include such a thing?
>
> > What instructions? ;)
>

> and we programmers wonder why we have such a poor reputation re:
> documentation of our work.
>
> :(

- hasn't anyone looked for an answer remembering the "Why do women have period ?"
question :-) ?

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/