Query: Progress on Bug 496958 (Wacom Bamboo tablet not working on Win32)

Hello all.

I was wondering if there has been any progress on Bug 496958 (Wacom Bamboo Doesn't Function with GTK apps in Win32). I'm thinking of getting a Bamboo, but it would be significantly less useful if it didn't work with the GIMP. In case it matters, I'm using Vista :-P.

I might buy one of the tablets anyway; if so, would it be helpful to have someone to test development versions of GTK with an actual tablet?

Thanks.

-- J.P.